Monday, July 4, 2011

Book review: Rachel´s Holiday by Marian Keyes



Author: Marian Keyes
Title Rachel`s holiday
Genre: Fiction
Series: Walsh family #2 (you don´t have to read them in order, I didn´t)

My Rating!



On the cover
‘How did it end up like this? Twenty-seven, unemployed, mistaken for a drug addict, in a treatment centre in the back arse of nowhere with an empty Valium bottle in my knickers . . .’

Meet Rachel Walsh. She has a pair of size 8 feet and such a fondness for recreational drugs that her family has forked out the cash for a spell in Cloisters – Dublin’s answer to the Betty Ford Clinic. She’s only agreed to her incarceration because she’s heard that rehab is wall-to-wall jacuzzis, gymnasiums and rock stars going tepid turkey – and it’s about time she had a holiday.But what Rachel doesn’t count on are the toe-curling embarrassments heaped on her by family and group therapy, the dearth of sex, drugs and rock’n’roll – and missing Luke, her ex. What kind of a new start in life is this?

My review

Well it is Maria Keys after all so what can one expect except a ton of really dark humor and a tragic life story thrown in a mixer and then we have Rachel´s Holiday! It is an really funny book and at the same time very tragic and it really is an amazing combination. I love this story. It is amazing to get to read how Rachel thinks as an drug addict. She is in so much denial that you get really frustrated with her and just want to shake her and at the same time you feel so sorry for her. Great book is all I can say!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever read her books. This one sounds like something I would really enjoy. Thanks for the review.