Monday, October 24, 2011

Book review: Dark seeker by Taryn Browning

Author: Taryn Browning
Title: Dark seeker
Series: None
Genre: Paranormal romance, young adult
Purchase: Amazon | B&N
Format: E-book
More info on
the rating HERE
About the Book:
For 17-year-old Seeker, Janie Grey, ridding the Baltimore streets of the undead is an inherited duty passed down from her Cherokee ancestors. Seeker Training Lesson #1: Never trust the undead. After her father’s tragic death, Janie creates her own life lesson: Love isn’t worth the risk. Both lessons are easy to follow until she encounters the flawed Kai Sterdam. At first, she believes he is the hybrid she is trained to hunt. But, when he has human traits, she determines she doesn’t know what he is. As Janie’s intrigue over who Kai is pushes her deeper into his mysterious past, she discovers a shocking truth that is even more harrowing than the evil they are up against. It’s a secret Kai wants to keep hidden, especially from Janie.

My Thoughts:
This book was awesome, an excellent debut by Browning. I just kept reading and reading and I just could not put it down! I was driving my husband crazy with all my reading. I loved the story and the characters. I think Janie is so inspiring in her bravery and she is a really strong young woman. It was really interesting to read about a seeker with cherokee inheritance but I would have loved to know a little bit more about that and why her age changes every fourth year. But other than that this story was very well written exiting to read. 
Kai is a really interesting character. He is mysterious, cautious and really protective when he cares about someone. It is so cool to read about a demon-vampire hybrid. I love the relationship Kai and Janie develop and it gets even more interesting when an athlete at her school shows an interest in her as well. Janie´s and Kai´s relationship is intense and quite forbidden. This makes it all so much more complicated. And a good story is always complicated.
This book had an ending that doesn´t really need a follow up but I think there could be more to this story so I do hope there will be a sequel! This book was really amazing and you should really give it a try! You won´t be sorry I promise.


1 comment:

Giselle said...

Oooh awesome! I got this from the author a week ago and I'm happy to see good reviews on it!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads