Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Book review: Feyland: The dark realm by Anthea Sharp

Author: Anthea Sharp
Title: Feyland: The dark realm
Series: Feyland series #1
Genre: Young adult fantasy
Format: Paperback, e-book
Purchase: Amazon | B&N
Release date: december 16th 2011
Rating:









About the book:
WHEN A GAME…
Feyland is the most immersive computer game ever designed, and fifteen-year-old Jennet Carter is the first to play the prototype. But she doesn’t suspect the virtual world is close enough to touch — or that she’ll be battling for her life against the Dark Queen of the faeries.
TURNS REAL…
Tam Linn is the perfect hero — in-game. Too bad the rest of his life is seriously flawed. The last thing he needs is rich-girl Jennet prying into his secrets, insisting he’s the only one who can help her.
WINNING IS EVERYTHING…
Together, Jennet and Tam enter the Dark Realm of Feyland, only to discover that the entire human world is in danger. Pushed to the limit of their abilities, they must defeat the Dark Queen… before it’s too late.

 My thoughts:

I really like the concept of this book, it felt fresh and fun. I have never been much of a gamer and have never really understood how people can get so hooked by it so at first I was a bit hesitant to read a whole book about a game but i was pleasantly surprised. It was awesome. The author was really good at describing the game in way so you got a feeling for it but it didn´t make you want to skip those parts of the book and that is really good. She made the describing of the game fun and interesting. When I read the book it felt like I was in the future but I´m not sure if that is what the Author intended or not. It is so cool how the game is like a bridge between the land of humans and the land of fey.

I really like Jennet and Tam as characters. They feel so real and they actually act their age in a way I sometimes think is missing in YA books. Very often they act like adults but in this book I can buy that they are only teenagers and not adults in the way they act and I like that.
This book was really fun and interesting with a bit of romance on the side. It was a great book and I am looking forward to the next part of the story in her upcoming novel.



No comments: