Saturday, December 10, 2011

Book review: Symphony of blood by Adam Pepper

Author: Adam Pepper
Title: Symphony of blood, a Hank Mondale supernatural case
Series: None
Genre: Adult, supernatural thriller
Format: e-book, kindle edition
Purchase: Amazon
Rating: 








About the book:
Hank Mondale, a rough-around-the-edges P.I. with a small drinking problem and a large gambling problem, needs a break. With his landlord threatening eviction and his bookie threatening worse, things look bleak. Until real estate mogul Thomas Blake calls with an incredible story: a monster is trying to kill his daughter.

Hank figures she's probably some whacked-out spoiled brat, but desperate, Hank takes the case to track down the supposed monster. It seems that people around Mackenzie Blake are disappearing. It's obviously no coincidence. Was Hank hired to unwittingly aid a wealthy murderess? Or is there really someone...or some thing, trying to kill Mackenzie Blake?

A symphony plays that only It can hear. But there will be a special performance, just for her.

My thoughts:

This book is seriously creepy and now I remember why I don´t usually read thrillers! They are way to creepy and I have nightmares for days if they are well written.

This book was partly kind of boring and partly creepy. This book is written from two perspectives, from the P.I. Hank Mondale´s and from It´s perspective. When the story was told from Hank´s view it was kind of boring and I found it difficult to continue reading. His whole personality was boring and lazy. He is not a very likable person. Then we get to read the story from the monster It´s view and then it got seriously creepy. The way it thinks and describe things just gets under my skin and I found it hard to continue reading because it creped me out. And it is not the only disturbing person in this story. There are someone else that is really horrible.

I would think that this novel is really good and it is very well written no doubt but it was not for me. If you thrillers and if you like things to be described in a way that it will be hard to get that image out of your head then this is for you. If you do not like that then you should stay away from this book. I wish I had. The images this book gave me will be hard to forget.

No comments: