Sunday, January 15, 2012

Book review: Asylum by Kristen Selleck

Author: Kristen Selleck
Title: Asylum
Series Birch Harbor series #1
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Format: E-book, Paperback
Purchase: Amazon
My rating:









About The book:
Across the country, hidden in plain sight, are the forgotten remains of a once-great psychiatric movement: the asylum. These crumbling castles all share a common appearance and history. They inspire curiosity, fear, and even a few urban legends. Chloe Adams came to Birch Harbor, a small college town in the U.P., to escape the stigma of mental illness. Her new roommate Sam Klingeman, came to drink her weight in vodka and find a hot guy with a trust fund. Between Chloe's developing relationship with campus hockey hero and floor RA, Seth Maird, trying to be the voice of moderation for Sam, and her new position as teacher's assistant for the eccentric Dr. Willard, she's stayed busy enough to keep the past firmly behind her. But the voices return...and this time, she's not the only one that can hear them. The beautiful old dormitory she lives in is hiding a secret. A secret that will uncover a dark plot 200 years in the making. Will Chloe be able to hold onto the new life she's worked so hard to build, will she relapse into a world of her own making, or will she, perhaps, fulfill the legacy she was born into?

My Thoughts:

This book was so good! I could not put it down. I have no idea how it was possible to read it in two days when I´ve been working the whole day and taken care of my son the rest of the time, but I did, that is how good it was. AMAZING.

I loved the character Chloe, she is just so lovable and she is trying so hard to be normal and forget about her past at the nut house, but the voices and her room mate won´t have any of that and I just feel so sorry for her. I also really like Seth, he is so down to earth and  exactly what Chloe needs.

This book got me hooked from the very first sentence: " 'The Devil´s best trick is to convince you that he does not exist! Do you hear me brothers and sisters? Do you hear-'  Chloe snapped the radio off." I mean, how can you not want to read more after that introduction. This is a great ghost story and it will keep you reading till the very end and wish there was more. 

It is exiting, thrilling and really funny at times. I laughed more that once while reading this. It is most definitively worth your time so Please I ask you to give this one a chance, you won´t be disappointed I promise! 


No comments: