Friday, February 10, 2012

Book review: The search by Nora Roberts

My copy in
swedish
Author: Nora Roberts
Title: The Search
Series: None
Genre: Adult fiction, mystery, contemporary romance
Purchase: Amazon | B&N
Rating:








About the book:
The serviceable latest from Roberts centers on Fiona Bristow, a professional canine search-and-rescue trainer, who moved to Orcas Island in Puget Sound eight years earlier, just after barely escaping from a serial killer. The story opens with Simon Doyle, an artisan cabinetmaker who arrives on the island with a puppy in tow. It's the puppy that brings Fiona and Simon together, and the romance gets off to a rocky start; he's grumpy and plainspoken; she doesn't scare easily. Then a serial killer begins operating within striking distance, and all Fiona's hard-won peace and equanimity begins to wobble: the man who almost killed her is in prison, but he's got a disciple on the outside. The serial killer plot is very familiar and without much to distinguish it, but the romance is finely done, with Roberts's trademark banter lighting up the page. Fiona and Simon are the main attraction, but the setting and the supporting characters—with paws and without—provide a vivid backdrop.

My thoughts:

 I love just about everything Nora Roberts write! I think she is awesome so I knew I would like this book, and I did. It is just as good as anything else I´ve read from her. She has always been one of my favorite authors actually.

I really like when Roberts writes a mystery romance, I love those and this was great! I´m not usually a fan of mysteries but if there is a bit romance in it, why not!?!

I love Fiona, she has been through something so terrible but she is so strong and she fight for her life, for her happiness. I hope I would have that kind of strength if something this awful would happen to me.She is a happy and a very strong woman who knows what she wants. She she is also marked but her past and who wouldn´t be in her situation?!

Simon is so rough in his personality and I just love it. He is such an as at times. He says it like he sees it and he never says anything he doesn´t mean. He is also kind of hurtful sometimes when he says stuff but that is just the way he is and somehow Roberts makes him lovable! How is that even possible?

This is a really cute Love story with a mystery twist! A perfect blend between murder and romance!

2 comments:

Giselle said...

Great review I read this a while ago and it was really good. I loved the characters and NOra is a really great author I've loved everything by her!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I loved this book, so glad you enjoyed it. Great review!