Monday, July 16, 2012

Book review: The Key of Amatahns by Elizabeth Wheatley

Author: Elizabeth Wheatley
Title: The key of Amatahns
Series: Argetallam saga #1
Genre: Young adult, fantasy
Purchase: Indiebound | Amazon | B&N
Rating: 4.5 stars







About the book:
Janir had the misfortune of being born with one of the hated Argetallams for a father. But unlike other Argetallam children, she was mostly granted a normal childhood, away from the rest of her family. It looked as if she would live a relatively normal life as the foster-daughter of a powerful lord. Until one critical day Janir’s powers awakened and she became entangled in a young enchanter’s quest for a long-lost treasure called the Key of Amatahns..

My thoughts:

It was a long time ago I read a real fantasy book and I can´t recall I have ever read a YA fantasy before! I LOVED THIS ONE! I was completely captured by the content of this book by page ONE. Some how I just think that fantasy should be written in third person. it works better some how and this book is. I usually give books a lower rating if they are written in third person because I like the books better in first person but with fantasy it works and always has for me so it was perfect!

I loved Janir, she is strong without realizing it and she is very brave. And even though she is Argetallam she unbelievably kind and she is ashamed that she is Argetallam and that is something she struggles with.
We also get to meet Karile who becomes a good but annoying friend to her. We also get to meet the mysterious elf Saoven who is a person I was curious of the entire story.

This was such a great read with several interesting characters who kept the story intriguing and sometimes funny throughout the book. When I was finished with this I could not wait to get my hands on the next book in the series.

If you want to read a great YA fantasy this year then you have to read this one. It was well written, with both action, humor and a sense of romance that hang in the air. 



No comments: