Monday, September 10, 2012

Book review: Altered by Kimberly Montague

Author: Kimberly Montague
Title: Altered
Series: Setenid Blight #1
Genre: Young adult, paranormal romance
Purchase: B&N 
My rating: 5 stars








About the book:
Deep in the Sierra Nevada mountains there lies a cave that has been the source of local legends for centuries. Purported to be the home of an ancient deranged and vicious animal, many have gone in seek of it, but what lies within is far more dangerous than a mere creature.
17 year-old Piper “Evie” Kenley’s life has been anything but calm, however, the turmoil of losing almost her entire family is nothing compared to the difficulties she is about to face.
Robbed of all other alternatives, she moves in with her boyfriend of seven years and his family only to find that she has an intensely electric connection with the handsome and popular Devlin Vaughn- Captain of the football team. Try as she might, she cannot avoid this connection they share leaving her with a choice to make. But just as she begins to feel her life is in order, one camping trip and a testosterone-driven dare involving a cave with a deadly and contagious secret will send her entire world into complete chaos.

My thoughts: 

Wow! I just needed to say that....

This book is amazing, I loved it from the first page. The author really knows how to write with passion.  The story is really intriguing and and just wonderful! I was completely captivated by this story!

The main part of this book is focused on the love story between Evie and Devlin. And wow it is a love story I will not soon forget. The way Montague describes their feelings for each other is wonderful! I could almost see the sparks between them fly of the pages of the book. It was loaded with emotion from almost the second they meet and until the book ended! It´s not that often you read a book where the author is so good at describing the connection and the feelings between two people. Montague is amazing at it!

But this is not only a love story it is also a story about a horrible virus that turns people crazy and will turn the world up side down. This book is so exiting you just have to keep reading because you want to know what will happen to these to amazing people!

Evie is such a wonderful person and I really liked her. She is down to earth and she has such a big heart. She wants everyone to be happy but she keeps to forget about her own happiness.
Devlin is... Well if you want to read about a swoon worthy guy you have to read this book! He is so good to Evie and is completely captivated by her from the moment they met. And he is dreamy!

I was so hooked by this story and it was so intriguing that I was unable to put it down! I laughed, I cried, I sighed and it was often so thrilling I was up reading most of the night.

You need to read this, you wont be sorry I promise!

No comments: