Saturday, October 6, 2012

Author in the Spotlight: Interview with Robin P. Waldrop


Tell our readers about yourself
I’m a wife, mother of four, grandmother of five, business owner, and the Amazon best selling author of The Blood Moon Series, which is a YA Paranormal/Fantasy series. I have recently stopped working and am now writing full time and couldn’t be happier.


You are the author of Ties to the blood moon, can you in two sentences tell us about it?
It’s about a teenage girl who moves in with her aunt in Alaska after the death of her mother. She thinks she’s just a normal teenager until she starts going through changes and realizes she is something far greater than an average girl.


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes. No matter what hand you are dealt in life, you control your destiny. In other words, when life gives you lemons—you make lemonade!


If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in Ties to the blood moon?
Yes. I let someone dictate to me how Genevieve should be portrayed as a selfish, whiny, bratty, teenager in the first half of book 1. I would definitely go back and change it.


What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Always the beginning. I usually end up writing the first paragraph ten times. Once I get it right, the rest is mostly down hill. There is always an occasional bump or two.


What are your current projects?
I’m currently writing Book 3 of the Blood Moon series. I also have started a zombie series, and I am about to start a different paranormal series, as well.


What books have influenced your life most?
Only one book—The Bible. Through God’s grace I am able to write. He is responsible for giving me this gift.


Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
There is one. Kristin L. Aragon. Although she hasn’t released a book yet, she has two different novels, both wonderful, in the works. She is an extremely gifted writer. I don’t say that because she is a friend. She really has a wonderful gift and I’m so ready for her to share her work with the world.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to our readers?
I just want to say, Thank You! It’s because of you guys that I write. I love sharing my stories and hearing from my fans. It’s really a great feeling when I open an email and discover a reader took the time to write and tell me how much they loved my books and can’t wait for the next one. They are my inspiration, and I encourage them to write to me anytime.


Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Yes. NEVER GIVE UP!! I know, because I was where they are now. It’s too easy to become frustrated when your work doesn’t sell as quickly as you think it should. Or to query tons of agents just to be turned down. All I can say is keep writing and never stop. Remember: Winners never quit and quitters never win. ;o)


1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Ooh! Zombies! Goody!