Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Book review: The last alignment by Nathaniel Stewart

Author: Nathaniel Stewart
Title: The last alignment
Series: Book 1
Genre: Young adult, paranormal
My copy: Epub received for review by author
Purchase: AMAZON |
My rating: 4 stars



"He had been dead. Really dead. Now he wasn’t. But if he had died and were dead, would he have been aware of the actual fact that he was deceased? He was here now, so did that mean that all this time that he thought he was gone he really wasn’t? But then what had happened to him if he didn’t die? It had felt so real…more permanent than all the other times…"
Hektor has been dead for fourteen years, and he believed that all the chaos that existed had died with him. And now, he has returned, and while he doesn’t know how he has found his way back to the land of the living, he recognizes that the situation is far more dangerous and hostile than it was before. Things have not only changed, but they have moved forward so rapidly that on top of everything else, he now has to deal with five teenagers and prepare them to do what those before them could not. But Awbrey, Hudson, Androse, Zander, and Natalye have a ways to go before they can come together and do anything, a daunting detail considering that Hektor doesn't know how far the enemy has gotten in his absence.

My thoughts:

This book was sooo good! I loved it. It was so much better than I thought it would be after I´ve read the blurb. Don´t let it fool you because it was so much better then suggested!  It was written in third person and from several people´s point of view you but it did not get confusing because Stewart was very clear with who´s point of view you read from. The story had a really good pace with a lot of intrigues that kept me interested through out the book.

I am really intrigued about this enemy they have to someday face. What is he? And what is hector. Because neither of them is what I would consider a who. I also really liked that the five teenagers was so different from each other. They are completely different individuals and because of this they had a lot to deal with within their group. I would say that a lot of this book was about overcoming their differences so they could come together and work as a team. I also liked that there were three generations represented in this book. They all had some part to play in this story that added to new layers and depth to the already very interesting story.

I am so hooked on this series and I really want to know more about their abilities and the enemy and Hector and their destiny. What is their fight really about and how will they win it? So many questions that are flying around in my head that demands answers, so I am so excited  for the next book in this series. You should really take some time to read this one. It will be worth it, I promise!


1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Ah, yet another tale proving you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover!