Wednesday, December 12, 2012

{Author spotlight} On completing a series by Michelle Madow



This week We have a really interesting guest post by the lovely Michelle Madow! 

Guest Post: On Completing a Series


Hi! I’m Michelle Madow, the author of the Transcend Time Saga. The series starts with my debut novel, Remembrance, which was published on July 25, 2011, and continues with the short bridge story Vengeance, which was published on December 8, 2011. The final novel in the series, Timeless, came out on November 20, 2012. This is my first finished series, and writing and publishing it has been such a wonderful journey.

Writing the final book in a series was definitely harder than writing the first book. Since it was the concluding book, I had to amp up the adventure and the stakes for the main characters. Remembrance all took place in Pembrooke, New Hampshire, the small town where Lizzie, Drew, and Chelsea live and go to school. They dealt with challenges in their relationships, especially with the added magical element of reincarnation. In Timeless, there is more magic in the story, since I introduced witchcraft and time travel. I needed the proper balance between the fantasy elements and the contemporary elements to make the book believable to the reader. Of course, one must always suspend disbelief while reading about fantastical elements such as witchcraft and time travel, but I do believe that I achieved the balance I was aiming for. 

Another important aspect of completing a series is to ensure that there are no loose ends. I hate when I’ve devoted myself to reading a series, and then it’s the end, and it’s “left up to the reader’s interpretation.” I get so annoyed at that! I didn’t invest myself into characters and a story only to not know how it all ends! I promise you that there is a concrete end to Timeless, so you will not be left hanging at the end of the series. 

Writing the Transcend Time Saga has been an incredible experience. It’s amazing to share this story with the world, and while it’s sad to say goodbye to these characters who I’ve invested myself into for the past few years, I’m also looking forward to moving on to new projects in the future. 

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the Transcend Time Saga!


TIMELESS, the third and final part of the Transcend Time Saga by Michelle Madow, released on November 20, 2012. The Transcend Time Saga is about a high school student named Lizzie who has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England, but doesn’t realize it until she meets her soul mate from the past and he triggers her memories to gradually return. The series began with REMEMBRANCE (published July 25, 2011), and continued with the short story VENGEANCE (published December 8, 2011). The series has sold a significant number of copies so far, and has received much praise from reviewers.


Quotes from Reviewers about TIMELESS

"The combination of time travel, magic, and love makes Timeless an unforgettable page turner!"-For Those About to Read

"Timeless had great twists, particularly towards the end. For something inspired by a Taylor Swift song, Michelle has come up with a great series!"-Addiction to Words Reviews

"Just when I think I know what to expect, Michelle throws me a curveball! It was spectacular. And marvelous. And a little bit daring, which is what makes Timeless stand out so much!"
-Sparkles and Lightning

Purchase links:
REMEBRANCE: Amazon | B&N | book depository | ibookstore | kobo
VENGENCE:       Amazon | B&N | book depository | ibookstore | kobo
TIMELESS:         Amazon | B&N | book depository | ibookstore | kobo

For more info about Michelle Madow and her books go to;






No comments: