Monday, January 28, 2013

Book review: The boy who sneaks in my bedroom window by Kirsty Moseley


Author: Kirsty Moseley
Title: The boy who sneaks in my bedroom window
Series: None
Genre: YA contemorary romance
My rating: 4 feet



Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.

Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.

Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.

My Thoughts:

I came across this book when browsing around on Goodreads and thought the plot sounded interesting. When I saw all óf the bad ratings and bad reviews I was a bit worried but picked it up anyway to get my own opinion. Therefore I was going in to this story with a very critical eye. More so than usual.
To me the story was great and I really liked it. It was intriguing and kept me wanting more and on my toes most of the time. One thing in the writing though that I really disliked was the way she used Liams nickname for Amber. He calls her Angel. No problem at all. It´s a really cute nickname and I myself would love to have it. BUT it starts getting old real fast when the nickname apears like 8 times on one page. Not sure what others think but it really bothered me alot!

So, what about the charachters? Well, there is not much to complain about. They where all great in their own ways.
Amber: She has been through alot in her 16 years of life but is SO strong. She manages to still keep her head on and even though some things are hard and scary she faces them without blinking. She is a lovable charachter and it is hard not to like her.
Liam: What to say!? Yummy! ha! This is a guy who knows what he want´s and is not afraid of taking it. He is extremely patient and loving. He really is a player in the beginning but the reason behind it is revealed in the book and I think it´s kind of cute.

The lovestory: As the plot says Amber and Liam really is an odd couple in many ways but they workm together just fine. Some of the things they go through together really surprised me. I can´t say to much without spoilers but I can tell you that most of the books I have read the author tip toe around certain topics because it´s controversial. This author did not and I loved it!

If you see past the miss spellings and the nickname all of the time I can strongly recommend this book. It really touches you.



No comments: