Monday, April 8, 2013

New Adult review: Hidden Gates by D.T. Dyllin

Author:D.T. Dyllin
Title: Hidden Gates
Series: P.J. Stone Gates Triology #1
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal Romace
My Copy: E-book
Purchase: Amazon
My rating: 4 feet

Blurb:

For P.J. Stone, being a “Seer” who has never seen anything is less than fun. And P.J. isn’t known for her patience.

To make matters worse, she must choose a suitable mate to continue the Seer bloodline. Duty always comes before her heart…at least that’s what her parents taught her. When she finds herself wanting someone who is considered off-limits, P.J. is forced to question everything she believes.

As if navigating her love life isn’t complicated enough, P.J. finally receives a vision—of a threat to her world that only she can perceive. But no one will believe a fledgling Seer’s warnings. With nowhere else to turn, she may decide to trust a stranger with her life, her world, and maybe even her heart.


What did I think?

Well, I actually really liked this book. There were some things in it that I dissliked but the over all story was so good that it didn´t matter. So first to the things that I liked. To me this was a unique story.  I did not think it would be after reading the blurb but as the story progress so does it´s unique quality. Dyllin was really good at giving the reader alot of  "What the F#*!?" moments heh. I absolutely love those. You really don´t expect it and sometimes you don´t want it too but then it just happens. Am I making sence? lol.

The charachers are awesome and you really are in their world for a while.
First of we have main charachter P.J. She is you regular 18 year old girl who just happens to be a Seer. The problem is that she has never had a vision. YET. When she finally gets one it is huge as you read in the blurb.
I really liked P.J. and the way she was portraid. She feels so normal even though she´s not. When faced with though decisions she makes the right ones even though they may be horrible.

Then we have Bryn who is P.J.s best male friend. They have known eachother since kindergarden and has been attached to the hip ever since.
Loved him alot because he was so caring and nice to P.J.

Then in walks Khol... tadaa! The first ever douchbag that I fall in love with! I have never read a book where I love the douchbag until reading this one. Thank you Dyllin! I have been waiting to know what the fuss was about. I love him and hate him at the same time.
Khol is one big mystery that I will not reveal too much about without spoilers except that he is worth your time. Many of the "What the F#*!?" moments came with him. 

Now to the things I did not like. First of the setting of where this story is playing out. I´m not sure if it was just me who missed it but I did not grasp it until half the book was read. Personally I want to know this from the beginning. Not sure if that´s just me?

Then one thing that happened was truly not believable but I can´t say what since I would spoil thing. Sorry. But for me it was not a dealbreaker as to how I would rate the book so it was ok.

All in all I really recommend you to read it!


No comments: