Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The rocker that needs me

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!


The Rocker that needs me by Terri Anne Browning

The Demon…

I’ve been fighting my own demons for most of my life. The alcohol seems to numb the pain, but it never makes the nightmares go away. All I want in life is a little peace. When I met my angel it felt like I found it, but there is so much standing between us. Why does she have to be so young…?

The Demon’s Angel…

Meeting Drake was the best thing to ever happen to me. I found my friend, my soul mate. But he lets my age stand between us. There is something that haunts him, and I selfishly want to be the one that helps him conquer his ghosts. If he would just let me in, let me closer, I think I could help him…


Teaser
My body felt cold, my eyes oddly dry. There was no rage, like I was sure there should have been. No murderous craving for vengance. Without realizing it, I moved to the side of the bed where Drake was. He groaned when I leaned over and kissed his cheek.
"Goodbye, Drake" I whispered.

2 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Ah! What just happened?! Why is she leaving?!

Awesome tease!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Kathy Martin said...

Interesting. Is she mad at him? My teasers this week are from Sure Signs of Crazy by Karen Harrington and Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews. Happy reading!