Monday, September 16, 2013

The man booker prize 2013


The most important litterary award of the year is just around the corner. The Man Booker Prizes promotes the finest in fiction by rewarding the very best book of the year. The winner of the award will be announced on October 15th.

Even though none of the books is what I usually read I did find a book, by Eve Harris, that caught my eye. And I think I would enjoy that book, so I hope for it to win. Have you read any of the books on the list or found one that peaked your interest? 

The Marrying of Chani Kaufmann by Eve Harris
19 year-old Chani lives in the ultra-orthodox Jewish community of North West London. She has never had physical contact with a man, but is bound to marry a stranger. The rabbi’s wife teaches her what it means to be a Jewish wife, but Rivka has her own questions to answer. Soon buried secrets, fear and sexual desire bubble to the surface in a story of liberation and choice; not to mention what happens on the wedding night…


1 comment:

Ann @ Blogging Profits Unleashed said...

I've been intrigued by this book and it's on my TBR list as well. Sounds like I would enjoy it.