Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: This is Falling


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!



First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it.

When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side, to live with the living. I just didn’t know how.

And then I met Nate Preeter.

An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t.

My heart was dead, and I was never supposed to belong to anyone. But Nate Preeter had me feeling, and he made me want to be his. He showed me everything I was missing.

And then he showed me how to fall.


For an hour, we sat there in the dugout-completely quiet. I wash´t going to go home until she said she was ready. And I wash´t going to ask her anything else until she was ready to tell it.
 

6 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Aww, sounds like a sweet moment!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said...

He sounds determined yet sweet. Nice tease.
Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/23/teaser-tuesdays-82-leaves-by-michael-baron/

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

great intro and TT!

Unknown said...

It's nice when someone knows how to listen. Great pick, and I think I might have to check out more on this book for myself. Thanks for sharing! My teasers this week come from Banned Books.

tamboenman said...

Nice blog and article, thanks for sharing information

Fiction and Frosting said...

Sounds like a good book! :)

Audri, Baked Book Pages