Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Hops






Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Bookswhere you have an awesome opportunity to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! 

The question this week:
“What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation?


My answer:
Believe it or not but there are a lot of things to look forward to in the fall! 
I love that air is clearer in the fall and that you start to really enjoy when the sun is shining cuz it is warming you in a way it does not in the summer. It is really different when The air is a little cooler. The sun is really much more enjoyable then. I love the colors on the leaves as well it is just so amazingly beautiful. 
I also love the fashion in the fall because I love the knitted sweaters and the knitted scarfs it is so cozy in a way.
And this fall I have a lot of books to look forward to! Like "Silence" by Becca Fitzpatrick and "Last breath" by Rachel Caine just to name two.
************************************************************************************************


TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted byGReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week. 





This Friday's Question:

Making a Difference: Which book(s) would you put in the hands of 
today's teenagers in hopes of making a difference in their lives?



My Answer:
Well that would be "A walk to remember" by Nicholas Sparks. I just think that is an amazing book. I and I just cried and cried when I read it. I think it is good for a teenager because it shows that there is so much more behind the surface and I think teenagers today worry too much about whats on the surface to even look further. 


8 comments:

Kris (Words That Fly) said...

I never read A walk to remember though I watched the movie. If the book is as powerful and moving as the book was I can totally understand your choice. It is a sad thing that our society shapes us to be worried about the physical or what's on the surface. To be encouraged to look deeper is a gift that not many have and this story just proved that there's so much waiting for us to discover.

Emma Michaels said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am an old follower!

Wanted to let you know about my new multi-author blog 'The Writers Voice' with myself, Kristie Cook, Jamie Magee, Kim Richardson, Keary Taylor, Victoria Simcox, Jessica Sorensen, Brenda Pandos, Samantha Young, Jayde Scott, Megg Jensen, Danyelle Leafty and guest authors!

"Where you get to know the people behind the pages."

If you suggest your favorite author in the comments we will see if we can contact them for an interview, guest post or other exclusive content!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
The Writers Voice: http://ourbooksourvoice.blogspot.com/
Personal Blog: http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I agree, I cried and cried through the end of that book! My teen readers love Nicholas Sparks...they like the romance and emotion. A great way to get them started on reading for fun.

Katelyn said...

What a lovely response. I haven't read this book yet but I think that lesson is such an important lesson for teenagers to learn!
-Katelyn

Alissa said...

I really liked the movie for A Walk to Remember better than the book. But it is a very heartbreaking story.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

I can't wait for Silence!! Hoping the story's better than Crescendo which kinda lagged. But still liked it!

And Fall is a wonderful time of year weather wise!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Sidne said...

I have not read this book but since i know it is a movie i'm going to seek it out. I definitely agree with your reasons.
http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

My hubby and I will be going to Hawaii in October for five days. I know it isn't very long, but better than nothing. That is what I'm looking forward to this Fall.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Anne
My Head is Full of Books