Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Book review: Only the strongest survive by Ian Fox

Author: Ian Fox
Title: Only the strongest survive
Series: No
Genre: Adult, Thriller
Purchase: Amazon
My rating:











About the book:
The novel opens with a hair-tingling scene, as two men kidnap Emely Donnovan, one of the wealthiest women in America.She finds herself locked in the basement of a remote house in the middle of a forest, watched over by one of her captors who makes her buy and sell stocks for him so he can get rich. Her challenge to survive becomes even more complicated when Emely’s captor falls in love with her.


My thoughts:

I liked this book, it was good. The pace was good throughout the book and it kept my interest because you got to read the books from several point of views.
I did think Emely´s relationship with her captor got a bit weird but I guess it could happen and in any case this is a fiction after all. Even though Emely was kidnapped in a way this whole ordeal was good in some way for both Emely and John her captor. They learnt a lot from each other and became better persons in the end. Does that sound weird? Yeah but it is true. This is definitely not your usual kidnapping story and I do think it is worth reading.


No comments: