Friday, May 18, 2012

TGIF - Why a book blog?


This Friday´s question over at G-reads:


A Book Blogger is Born: What made you decide to
start your very own book blog?


Wow it was a long time since I did this Friday meme! Between work and family there have not really been that much time for the blog lately. But that will change I hope. This week has been better, and we are celebrating our very first birthday on our blog so this question is actually perfect!

I started this blog when I was on maternity-leave. (May 15th 2011) I was at home with my little son who I love to death and I was just so bored to be home all day long and have no one to talk to. (I am the first one of my friends and sisters to have a child) So I was going crazy and felt I needed something productive to do with my time except reading and taking care of my little baby. That is how it all started.It was perfect to get to read all my books and then do something with that. I have had a book blog before but when I had that I never found any other book bloggers so I just did not think that was very fun so I stopped. But now I am following so many books blogs it is crazy! But I love it, this blogging community is so amazing! 

Then I decided it would be fun if my sisters wanted to join since they also like to read a lot. In the end it was one of my sisters (Sandra) who decided to join the blog and the rest is history as they say. It has been such a great year with lots of fun! But it is harder to find the time for the blog when you are working and have a child to take care of, so it is good we are two to take care of this blog. Without my sister I am not sure I could have made it to the one year mark.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it one year! I have also found having a blogging partner is very helpful. It saves so much stress!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Yay for the first anniversary!! My story was kind of blah. It all started with a contest. And I didn't even win!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Tanya Patrice said...

Congrats on your bloggie anniversary :-) ANd how fantastic that both you and your sister are blogging and that all of you love books. Do you all read similar types of books?

Katelyn said...

This question really has been perfect for you! Happy 1st Birthday to your blog :)

Alissa said...

It's great that you were able to make blogging a sort of family activity! I think that makes it all the more special. :]

Unknown said...

To Tanya Patrice:
As matter of fact we do read similar books! Our book cases looks kind of the same actually!! LoL

Mara Oliver said...

:)
I started reading and writing a lot with my little baby on my arms ;)
I hope you find tim to update once in a while, I love your blog!!!
XXX OOO XXX