Monday, October 22, 2012

Contemporary Romance Monday: Marian Keyes



In this feature we will highlight an author and a book that we really enjoy reading from in the contemporary romance genre. There are so many great books out there and so many awesome authors. So this is a chance for us to recommend some books and authors that we or one of us really like. 
I hope you will like this feature and if you like to join in with a recommendation. Leave a comment and/or the url to your own blog post. 

*****************
This week I wanted to highlight one of my favorite authors in this genre. I completely love her books. I have not read one book by her that I don´t like. She is so amazing at writing compassionate stories. And it is not just abot love in her books either. It´s about family, friendship and making though choices and figuring life out. She is so good to involve the reader as well in her books. When I read something by her I cry, laugh and I get so angry sometimes with her characters. It is like they come alive on the pages. Marian Keyes have a lot of books behind her but this week I am going to share my favourite series by her. You can find out more about Marian Keyes on goodreads and on her blog Mariankeyes.com If you haven´t already read something by her then this is the perfect series to start with and Watermelon (featured today) and Anybody out there? is my favourite books in this series.


The book I am going to share with you guys is the first book in the Walsh family series.

Marian Keyes begins Watermelon with a rather inauspicious romantic opening when the heroine's husband leaves her for Denise from the flat downstairs the day their first child is born. Claire, the deserted wife and mother, returns to her family in Dublin and, after going through the required stages of "Loss, Loneliness, Hopelessness and Humiliation", begins to feel much better--so much better that when James tries to win his way back into her affections, he gets more than he bargained for.










The complete series in the Walsh Family:
The watermelon #1
Rachel´s Holiday #2
Angels #3
Anybody out there? #4
The mystery of Mercy Close #5


No comments: