Saturday, October 13, 2012

Historical Romance Saturday: Vicky Dreiling


This our very first HRS on rather barefoot. In this feature we will highlight an Author and a book in the historical romance genre that we or one of us really like. But it is mostly about the book. It sort of like a recommendation of a really great read. And do not hesitate to leave a recommendation if you want to in our comment section or your url if you have made your own HRS.
*****************

This week I chose the Author Vicky Dreiling for this feature. You can find out more about her on goodreads or on her blog Vicky Dreiling

It was not long ago that I was introduced to this Author and I think it was a review on some blog (I can´t remember which one) that caught my eye. I thought the book sounded interesting and it really was. I really like Dreilings writing style. She writes with a lot of humour and her stories are quite lovely and not overly detailed on the sex scenes. Sometimes it can be to much but it is not in the two books I´ve read by her. I also like that we get to know both characters in the books and we get to read the guy´s point of view-

So on to the book I wanted to show you. It is the first book in the 'How to' series.......

How to Marry a Duke by Vicky Dreiling


Tristan, the Duke of Shelbourne is a man with a mission: find a wife he can tolerate as long as they both shall live. Love is not necessary--nor desired. But how to choose among a dizzying array of wealthy-yet-witless candidates? Hire London's infamously prim and proper matchmaker. Then pretend she's not the most captivating woman he's ever met...

Helping a devilish Duke create a contest to pick his perfect mate is the kind of challenge Tessa Mansfield relishes. Her methods may be scandalous, but she's determined to find the notorious bachelor more than a wife--she'll bring him true love. Yet when Tessa watches the women vie for the Duke's affections, she longs to win his heart herself. And after a stolen kiss confirms Tristan's desire, Tessa knows she has broken a matchmaker's number one rule: never fall in love with the groom.





All books in the how to series:
How to marry a duke #1
How to seduce a scoundrel #2
how to ravish a rake #3


4 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Just an fyi, i gave you a shout out about this feature since I love it. It will appear tomorrow on my Sunday Post. Here is the link to my blog, if you want to see it tomorrow. http://www.caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it. We also have a contemporary romance monday and paranormal thursday coming up next week!

Wendy Lohr said...

I just read Kimba's Sunday Post and found out about this feature. I really like what you all have going on with your blog and am a new follower! I look forward to seeing more great posts from you!

Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

Vicky Dreiling said...

Your blog just popped up in my stream, and I wanted to say thanks for featuring HOW TO MARRY A DUKE! I had so much fun writing that book. Best of luck w/your blog--and stay in touch! I've got a new series coming out May 28th. Usually my publisher does a book tour. If you'd like to get on the advance list, email me at vicky@vickydreiling.com. Cheers!