Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Book review: The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake by Mary Parker

Author: Mary Parker
Ttile: The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake
Series: The Kahl'Nar saga #1
Genre: Young adult, Urban fantasy
My copy: Epub received by publisher for review
Purchase:Amazon, kindle | Amazon, paperback
My rating: 4 stars





I'm a normal teenager. I have a normal teenage life with normal teenage problems. The summer is my heaven. I live with my mom during the summer months. We stay in her tiny condo in Jacksonville, Florida. My parents split up when I was little. I'm not sure why. My mom never talks about it. Whatever it was, it was bad enough to make my mom pack me up in the middle of the night when I was four years old and run to my Gran's condo. My mom got the condo after Gran died. From that time on all I had known my entire life was beach life. Until four years ago. Until my uncle found me.


My thoughts

I loved this book. It was great. It was intriguing right from the start and I had a real hard time putting it down, not impossible, but it was hard. It was intriguing with all the secrets and half lies that continued through out the book. But for our heroine it was frustrating, but it made you want to know more, to read more. I´ve never really read anything like it before and I loved that.

Our heroine Lee, is a really strong young woman and she doesn´t take bullshit. She knows they are lying to her and she even tries to get answers but she doesn´t anyway so she decides to wait them out. She knows she will get her answers soon enough. 

I also really like the side characters Alex and Peach. Alex her maybe boyfriend and Peach her best friend are both important to the story but it will soon be revealed they have a secret or two as well. And well Alex is dreamy of course but there arn´t that much romance in this one, just a tiny bit but I do hope that lee's and Alex's relationship evolves in the next book. I want to see them together not just almost together.

The story itself is great. It´s filled with excitement, secrets, dangers, loss, betrayal, friendship and a little love. It´s the perfect cocktail for a great read. This is a paranormal story and I must say that would have never guessed what Lee and the others are. Trust me you will keep guessing until they reveal it themselves. I loved that. I was so intrigued by not knowing, there was no way I was going to stop reading until I got the answer. 

I can´t wait for the next book in this series! It was awesome and so worth your time!

A little teaser:

I had the strangest feeling, like I was forgetting something, but I couldn't remember what. Which I suppose was the definition of forgetting something. I had a vague impression of beeing in the woods, which was sheer foolishness. The woods were strictly off limits.



2 comments:

Carole said...

Hi there, the December edition of Books You Loved is now live. Here is the link Books You Loved December Edition Please do pop by and link in a post about a book you loved. Maybe this one? Cheers

Elisabeth said...

"The woods were strictly off limits"? Ooh!