Wednesday, December 26, 2012

{Book review} Hera, Queen of Gods by T.D. Thomas

Author: T.D. Thomas
Title: Hera, Queen of Gods
Series: Goddess unbound #1
Genre: Young adult, paranormal suspence
My copy: Kindle, received by author for review
Purchase:Amazon, kindle

My rating: 5 stars
Hera couldn't care less what the other gods think, even when it's about her. And it often is. Frankly, Hera couldn't care less about anything, except doing her duty as queen - protecting order and defending the mortal world against any threats. But when the Fates go missing, Hera and a handful of other gods must temporarily become mortal to search the human world for the missing goddesses.


Hera finds that mortality begins to change her. It's not just the loss of her divine powers. She expected that. It's deeper somehow. It's affecting how she thinks, how she feels, what's important to her. And it gets much worse after she meets Justin, who defies every prejudice she once had

about mortals. At the worst possible time, and despite all her efforts, Hera's black-and-white world starts to unravel.


Torn between who she's becoming and who she needs to be in order to fulfill her duty, Hera must survive a horde of murderous creatures sent to exploit her new weakness. In the end, only Hera can stop a traitorous plot conceived by a secret alliance of ancient and new enemies, a plot that threatens to destroy not only the order Hera is sworn to protect, but all of existence itself.

My thoughts:

This book was great! I read it non stop until I finished it, there was no possible way for me to put it down that is how good it was. It was action from the first to the last page and there were a lot of unexpected things happening in this book that made my mouth hit the floor. This book was so worth my time!

I loved Hera! She is such a force and she is unstoppable like a bulldozer when she wants something. Actually in the beginning of the story she sort of got on my nerves because she was so unsympathetic but she grows as a character and you just have to love her and her strength. I also really love Justin and even though he is "just" a human he is really strong and is a force of his own in this book. He doesn't take any bullshit from the other gods and I love that!  

This story was kind of fast paced and a lot happened in this story but I really enjoyed that. The only thing I missed was some moments between Hera and Justin. There is love there but there was so much happening all the time with their fight with some unknown enemy that there was really no time for romance and I wished that there had been some room for it in the story but other than that I loved it. And maybe there is more of that in the sequel?

To sum it up, this is a story that will have you hooked until the end and is well worth your time.






No comments: