Tuesday, December 25, 2012

{Book review} Tempest by Jenna-Lynne Duncan

Author: Jenna-Lynne Duncan
Title: Tempest
Series: Hurricane 1.5
Genre: Young adult, paranormal romance
My copy: Kindle, received by author for review
Purchase:Amazon, kindle

My rating: 4 stars
Hayden Boudreaux couldn't decide which was worse— that he was falling in love with a mortal or that the only way to break his family's centuries-old curse would be to kill her. Of all that he was certain was the more time he spent with her, the more he knew he would do anything to protect Adriana Alexander, including sacrificing his eternity. What he wouldn't expect was that Luke - his brother that hated Ana, who wanted to kill her - would decide he would want her as his own.

My thoughts:

I really enjoyed this short story. It is the same story line as in Hurricane but from Hayden's perspective. At first I thought it would begin where Hurricane left off and I was kind of thinking I should have read Hurricane again since it was over a year ago I read it but then I realized that it was Hurricane but from Hayden's perspective and then I thought will that be bad reading the story again? But it wasn't at all! I loved to get inside Hayden's mind. It made this story so much better and as a reader you got a more nuanced picture of the plot in the book.

Hayden is such a great guy and I like that you get to know his thoughts behind some of his actions. Because in Hurricane he sounded like a jerk at times, but now I now why he acted the way he did. You just have to love him even though he is a bit possessive. I like Luke too but he gets on my nerves at times. I just don't get him at all. He is such a jerk all the time and then all of the sudden he is in love with Ana? what is that all about? I can't wait for the next book in this series because I think there will be some major war going on between Hayden and Luke. And the reason? They both wants Ana! Great stuff. And I am still intrigued about Ana! She is a mystery and I want to know what the deal with her is! This is most definitively a series worth your time!

It has both excitement, love, drama and a paranormal mystery! It can't be any better if you ask me. I love to read stories from the guy's perspective!




No comments: