Wednesday, July 17, 2013

{Book review} The Rush by Rachel Higginson

Author: Rachel Higginson
Title: The Rush
Series: The Siren #1
Genre: New Adult Paranormal romance
My copy: Amazon freebie
Purchase: Amazon
My rating: 5 feet



A life not her own—A future already decided.

Every facet of Ivy Pierce’s life is meticulously planned out and plotted. Cynical and jaded by sixteen, Ivy’s only hope is to escape the legacy she was born into.

She has a plan, a carefully thought out, feasible plan. She just has to play by the rules until everything falls into place. Unfortunately as predictable as her life can be, she never sees Ryder Sutton coming. He tumbles into her life unimpressed and untouched by her and the life she lives. He’s an enigma to her. A gorgeous, frustrating, sincere mystery and a complete phenomenon in the ugly world she lives in.

What blooms between them is a fiercely intense attraction that cannot be ignored. Even though they would both be better off without each other—Even if both their lives depend on staying apart.



My thoughts:

This story was sooo good and gave nothing away at all. Sometimes that can be really irritating but somehow the author made it work and really made the story so much better. I was so curious during the entire story. I couldn't put it down! I had to keep reading to know more. What was the deal with Ivy anyway, was it what I suspected or something else entirely?

I also loved the love that bloomed between Ivy and Ryder. It might have started out as an attraction but it gets evident that something more is on the horizon for the two of them.

Like every great book there has to be something luring in the shadows. And that very thing is what Ivy is and what she is destined to be if her people has any say in it. If Ivy gets her way she will run as far as she can from her pre designed life but that is not as easy as it sounds and cause a lot of problems for her.

This was such a great read and I can't believe I was so lucky as I was to find for FREE on amazon! I can't wait to read the sequel that is supposed to be released in the fall.

No comments: