Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Playing for Keeps

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
 
She's in love with him.
He's trying not to love her.
One night changes everything.

Aston Banks never meant to get close to Megan Harper – not even for that one night. Haunted by a childhood he refuses to face, he knew she could break through every wall he’d ever built and tear them down without even realizing she was doing it.

Betraying Braden by starting a relationship with Aston wasn’t on Megan’s to-do list, but the second she sees a glimpse of someone other than the arrogant ass she’s come to know, she can’t walk away.

Aston’s childhood is worse than Megan ever guessed, but as he tries and fails to push her away, it’s clear her love is stronger than the demons that cling to him every day. And now, because of it, he finally has to deal with what he’s buried deep down.

What he doesn’t want to face. What he’s fought against for so long.

And they have to do it all without Braden finding out.

Keeping a relationship secret has never been harder
.
 
 
Teaser
 
 "What?" I hiss.
He chews on the end of his pen.
"Are you avoiding me?"
"I´m sitting right next to you, douchebag. How the hell can I be avoiding you?"
"Would you be sitting here if you didn´t have to?"
"No, I wouldn´t. But the same applies to every time I have the utmost pleasure of sitting next to you, so don´t think today is anything special."

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like an interesting relationship. Please come see my teasers from Runt by Nora Raleigh Baskin and The White Princess by Philippa Gregory. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

LOL, the one thing I thought of when I read that quote was "Geeze, I hate it when people chew pens." I think that makes me a total dork.
Here's my Teaser Tuesday Written in Red by Anne Bishop
Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Cute tease! Chuckleworthy as well! So wondering what history these two have!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)