Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Top Ten words/Topics that makes me not pick up a book


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


This week's topic is Top Ten Nine words/topics that make me NOT pick up a book
 
1, Mental Illness
I really don´t care to read about mental patients. I don´t wan´t to be in their heads... 
 
2, Terminal Illness
 This i just depressing.. I read to escape reality and I don´t want this kind of topic in my imaginery world. The only exception to this rule has been "The Burning Star" by Jessie Lane. But only because it had a magical happy ending lol
 
3, Spaceships/Sci Fi
Bleh! No, no and over again NO! I can read very light sci fi like The Host but not books with Spaceships and stuff. Just not for me. 
 
4, History
 I wan´t to be able to relate to the charachters and surroundings in my books so this is out of question for me. Either I read Urban Fantacy or paranormal the books always takes place in present time.
 
5, Death/Tragedy
Same answer as no. 2 
 
6, Politics
Ick! I hate politics. I just think it´s extremely boring. 
 
7, Zombies
Nope, not happening!
 
8, Religion
I don´t care for religion at all so this makes me throw a book across the room if I by some chance happen to come across one.
 
9, Boring Covers
 I´m a sucker for pretty covers and always pick up a book if the cover is nice (Ofcourse the blurb has to be good aswell). I mean it´s the first thing I see so if I don´t like the cover the chance is I woun´t read it....
 
 

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Politics and religion are almost always awful subjects for books. I stay away from both of these. And I wish people wouldn't argue about them at family gatherings, either.

Here's my Top Ten list.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

I can agree with just about all of these as well. But for zombies they tend to be a hit or miss. I personally enjoy Lia Habel's Respiration series and Gena Showalter's White Rabbit Chronicles--think that's the name anyway!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)