Sunday, October 13, 2013

{Book review} Starstruck by Brenda Hiatt

Author: Brenda Hiatt
Title: Starstruck
Series: Starstruck #1
Genre: Young adult | Sci-fi/contemporary romance
My e-copy: Received by author for honest review
Purchase: Amazon
My rating: 3.5 feet





Nerdy astronomy geek Marsha, M to her few friends, has never been anybody special. Orphaned as an infant and reluctantly raised by an overly-strict “aunt,” she’s not even sure who she is. M’s dream of someday escaping tiny Jewel, Indiana and making her mark in the world seems impossibly distant until hot new quarterback Rigel inexplicably befriends her. As Rigel turns his back on fawning cheerleaders to spend time with M, strange things start to happen: her acne clears up, her eyesight improves to the point she can ditch her thick glasses, and when they touch, sparks fly—literally! When M digs for a reason, she discovers deep secrets that will change her formerly humdrum life forever . . . and expose her to perils she never dreamed of. Yes, the middle of nowhere just got a lot more interesting!



I really enjoyed this book. It was interesting, fun and at times exciting. But to be honest it got exciting mostly at the end. I kind of think of this book as a build-up-to-it book. Thanks to that it ended in a way that makes me want to read more. It was never boring though but it didn't really happened all that much in the first part of the book.

I liked the characters in the book, they are both really lovable. Marsha is very down to earth but also very much like a teenager with the crush on one of the hottest guys at school and the insecurities that most teenage girls has.  I like that The author made Marsha real. She didn't feel like a grown up in a teenage girls body like many characters does in YA books.

I like the plot of the story and the author keeps your interest even during the parts when not all that much happens which is good. Over all it was a really good read that I enjoyed. I definitely want to read the next book in this series and I'm curious how the author will develop this story.

No comments: