Friday, October 11, 2013

{Book tour} Review: A step away by

A Step Away - Long Banner

Author: Jocelyn Stover
Title: A step away
Series: The wanderer series #2
Genre: Adult | paranormal romance
My e-copy: received by textuality public relations
Purchase:Amazon
Release date: October 4
My rating: 4.5 feet



“Time…such a cruel mistress of fate. What we do with ours can either enrich our lives or destroy them, and we mortals never seem to have enough. The right time, our time, was too little and over much too quickly.”
When Gwen turns her back on a set of smoldering amber eyes in favor of a crystal blue pair, her plan is to sever all ties with the Wanderers. Her goodbye is short lived; however, when the investigation into Preston-Ward Pharmaceuticals reveals a powerful sylph has escaped. When Gwen is drawn back into the Wanderer brotherhood for her own protection she discovers she can no longer bury her feelings for Kade or ignore the growing gulf between her and Ben. As the unrelenting hunt for their ancient enemy heats up, Gwen’s attempt to straddle two worlds becomes tedious. She must choose, but when nephilim mysteriously begin to disappear her time may be up.

This series is so exciting! It was really hard to put both books in this series down but I must say that I like book 2 (A step away) a little more than book 1 (out of reach) but both was over all AWESOME.

This book has it all in my opinion. It is exciting, funny and romantic. The writing style was kind of new to me. The author covers several years in the book and only makes short stops in a few of the years to highlight some of the more significant events in Gwen's and Kade's lives. At first it was kind of weird but I soon got used to it and it didn't bother me. She landed and stayed put when she came to year 5. I really liked that it is written from both Gwen's and Kade's perspectives.

The main character Gwen is really lovable and I like her right away. Gwen deals with a lot in this book. She find out some news she isn't all that happy with and do to that news she is faced with a lot of difficult choices. Choices that will change her life forever. She is also torn between to guys. Her husband and her best friend who she realized she has feelings for. it complicates an already complicated situation. Both of the guys are great but I must say I like Kade a little better. Probably because we get to know him a lot better then we do Ben. It is a hard decision she has to make.

I really loved this book, it really was a wonderful read and I can't wait to read more.

PREVIOUS TITLES IN THE SERIES

outofreach
Out of Reach
Wanderer Series #1

Gwen Cohen has aspired her whole life to reach her current position of project manager at Preston-Ward Pharmaceuticals, but when she stumbles upon a dirty little secret everything changes. As she struggles with the reality of evil and her own powerful legacy, she gets pulled farther from the world she knows and closer to the one she can’t deny.

Eyes finally open, Gwen struggles to unlock the dormant magic within herself before it’s too late. The lines between love and desire, and duty and commitment become exceedingly blurred and the ultimate choice to be made may not be between right and wrong but the head and the heart.

EXCERPT


Family tree
Can’t a girl catch a break? Excusing myself, I slip from the room as stealthily as possible, hoping to avoid the conversation headed my direction until tomorrow.  Retracing the route to my room I wonder if this place ever really sleeps or if there is a Wanderer on duty at all times. With Himyar on the loose, I assume the latter is probably true. Careful this time to count my turns I make a left and step right into Hal. A startled “holy shit” accidently slips out before I regain my composure. Clutching my chest while my heart rate slows I wait for Hal to say something. I’m surprised again when he doesn’t.
“I don’t want to talk about it,” I tell him before trying to slide past his bulk.
“Yeah well I do, come on.” The sadness in his voice engages my curiosity and is probably the only reason I follow obediently instead of lashing out. The lights are dim as we traverse the main corridor and return to my favorite room for the second time today. The pale moonlight gives the mighty tree an eerie beauty. Hal stops in the center of the cavern.
“What?”
“Just give it a second,” he instructs me. Holding my breath I wait, for what I’m not sure. When Hal begins to move clockwise in a slow circle I follow suit, hoping he doesn’t have some Zen-like exercise planned for us. Halfway around, a bright dot on the far wall draws my gaze.
“What’s that?” I ask, pointing.
“What we’re looking for,” he answers. Upon closer inspection I see one of the many names carved onto the massive tree is glowing brightly. I walk forward and run my fingers over it. Gwen Matthews. I read my maiden name aloud.
    “This is me!” I chirp, astonished. “How did you find it?”
“Magic,” Hal grins. In awe I trace my ancestral line with my fingertip as far back as I can, until the line bends out of reach.
  “If we followed the line to the top would it really tell us who sired my bloodline?”
“It would. We aren’t here for that, I’m afraid.”
“Oh.” I let my finger drop, a bit deflated.
“Five years ago you learned you were more than just human, you were Nephilim. Trapped between two worlds you rose to the occasion when we needed you, unearthing things you never expected in the process.” Listening to Hal’s melodious voice in the dark I bite my lip: his story stirs up feelings I’ve been battling against all day.      
  “I’ve never questioned your choice, you know that. You did what you believed was right to protect those you care about, and when you made that choice you still believed you were human. But Gwen, you’re not human,” he reiterates, pointing to my name on the wall.
“But Ben…” 

AUTHOR BIO



Jocelyn Stover Author PicI'm a thoughtful, sarcastic, work-o-holic, mother of four. I must thrive on chaos because I've certainly built enough of it into my life already! I write during the stolen mintures of the day when the children are in bed or at school. When I'm not writing you can find me up to no good with my kiddos, or outside soaking up the sunshine.

AUTHOR LINKS
WEBSITE/BLOG
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
GOODREADS




PTPR White
The A Step Away Virtual Book Tour is a
Pure Textuality Public Relations promotion.
***A STEP AWAY VIRTUAL BOOK TOUR SCHEDULE***


No comments: