Friday, July 29, 2011

Book Blogger Hop


This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Highlight one book you have received this week (for review, from the library, purchased at the store, etc.) that you can’t wait to dig into!



So, a book I want to highlight this week? hmm, that I have not read yet? Well That would be Hereafter by Tara Hudson! I´ve wanted to read it for a while and this week I finally bought it!



Can there truly be love after death?

Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.

4 comments:

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your book. I've posted a picture of an adorable baby pickle. It's an illustration from the book I'm highlighting. Please come see what book I'm reading!

Jessica@a GREAT read said...

Ooh I saw this on NetGalley awhile back and thought it sounded interesting. Never did read it though!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

amyer23 said...

New follower. First, I have to say that I LOVE the design of your site. I'm a fairie lover ( with a total of 12 fairy tattoos...obsessed I know.)

I really want to read Hereafter. I keep hearing great things about it!

Amanda Welling
Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

Howard Sherman said...

I’m seeing a lot of single answer responses with Twilight being by far the most popular choice. I really must analyze all the elements of that series that send girls ga-ga. Such studies are a part of the never-ending "code breaking” we males need to continuously execute to understand and relate with the fairer sex.

I’ve cracked about 80% of the code. I will continue cracking the code until I reach 100% success. Then I’ll write a book for men and become a billionaire overnight.

BUT I DIGRESS....

I’ve got four different series I can read over and over again. Three of them were written by deceased authors and three of them are fantasy adventures.

Follow me back to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and find out how far off the beaten track I’ve gone with my favorite book series!

Thank God it’s Follow Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net